Prep Time: Ready In:
10-15 minutes 35 minutes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract [not mandatory]
- 1/2 teaspoon of Almond Extract [not mandatory]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar until very fluffy. Gradually add the flour and rice flour. As the dough gets stiffer, turn it out onto a well floured surface, and knead it until smooth.
- Press dough into a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan, Line into bars and prick with a fork or tooth pick. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the top, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Press along lines into bars while still warm. Cool before serving.