Prep Time: Ready In:
20 Min 2 Hrs 20 Min
- 2 (10 ounce) packages vanilla baking chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed candy canes
- 1 dash red or green food coloring** ( this is not completely neccesary but can be added for fun)
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease the foil.
- Combine the vanilla chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. When chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract; **( food coloring), and candy canes. [Design ideas: you do not need to mix the food coloring in, if you use food coloring and would like to make swirls, you can do so. You can also make other shapes with the food coloring]
- Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours, then cut into squares.